Tuesday, December 15, 2009

THE LAVA IS BURNING MY BODY!!!!

After a few messages and worried emails, I thought it was time to let you all know I am doing ok. No, the volcano is not close to me. Its actually the volcano in my last area from my mission. It erupts all the time, last time was 2006, and it erupted twice while I was there. No one is really worried about it, and they evacuated some people just in case.



I haven't been up to much, mostly working. The other day I did go to a huge market here called Divisoria. Apparently, its not the safest place to go. I had a friend go there the week before and she got pick-pocketed. Someone must have really needed her money more. I didn't take my camera out of fear or I could have got some really cool pictures. Tons of people, tons of rats, garbage, dirty kids.



Here are some few pics at the riverbanks. I spent some time down there shopping and watching kids blow stuff up. They are like the Shane, Travis and Greg of lighting stuff on fire.









We had a semi-organized mission reunion. Only a few people I knew, but I did run into a few more that just happened to be at the temple.






















2 comments:

Tara said...

I'M GLAD YOU AREN'T MELTING AWAY MY MOM WAS WORRIED, SHE SENT ME A NEWS CLIPPING,

Travis and Amy Shreeve said...

Those kids are definitely the Filipino equivalent of Shane, Greg, and Travis.