Sunday, August 15, 2010

Paradi-zoo

There is a small, cheap zoo up the road from where I live. I spent a little time there checking out the monkeys, pony's, giant fruit bat, and birds.




















But most of my time was spent hanging out with some tigers that just roam around the zoo. Some are let loose so you can get pictures with them and feed them.















































































































Others, slightly larger, are just tied to a post like a dog. I could have got my picture with this one, but something told me not to walk up on a sleeping tiger. That something, I believe, is common sense.















The zoo has more than 20 tigers, ranging from new borns to older ones. The cages are nothing special and someone could easily reach their hand in to pet the larger tigers. As I was tempted to pet some adult tigers, one of them was spooked enough to give a warning growl. Thanks for the warning. I like using two hands to eat Quarter Pounders.
My nieces and nephews were really jealous of the tiger pictures. I told them just to drop by anytime for a visit and I would let them play with the tigers. I am still waiting for them to come...

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Lilly says, "Send us more pictures." She'd love to come visit...if only we were rich!