Monday, June 21, 2010

Cebu Trip



I took a few days off work to get some much needed beach/vacation time. Decided to head down south to Cebu Island. I didn't have any idea where to stay but luckily met some guys who live on a small island. Just so happened they were celebrating Fiesta too, so I tagged along with them.



They had someone pick them up from the airport, so I hitched a ride with them all the way to the Island.


Maomawan Island:
Thanks to the Garcia family for letting me stay in their house. They use solar power for electricity, live right on the beach, and are friends with everyone on the Island, which isn't hard when its such a small place.



They let me ride around the dirt roads on their scooter, eat their food, sleep on their deck, and steal their children.







Scooter Gang





I am the first white person most of these kids have seen so they thought it was pretty cool just to follow me around all day... EVERYWHERE.


They watched me swim, eat, sleep, and tried to catch me peeing. Just waiting for me to do something funny.



Some dude doing flips.






Local Drunks



I told them I would come back to visit if they kissed first






Took a boat back to Cebu Island









I saw a bunch of Flying Fish, but no dolphins or sharks or pirates












Got to Cebu, had to stop by the temple first thing. It looks awesome!



This is the pool at my hotel on the last day. Amazing view of the hilltops where the richers live.











Probably not the smartest thing to follow some dudes to a small island, but it was a good adventure and made a whole island of new FANS!




























No comments: