Saturday, November 7, 2009

I wash myself with a rag on a stick





I will give you a quick tour of my house. Benjie and his family are awesome. He checks on me everyday to make sure I get enough sleep. He calls me at lunch to make sure I eat. Sometimes in my sleep I call him Mommy. Its like I never moved out of Jan's. His sister lives in the other part of the house. She cleans, cooks, does laundry, and I am pretty sure she tickles my back while I sleep.



We have running water, but just out of a faucet. I use the bucket for showers. Cold water. But it feels nice after waking up all hot and sweaty. I lived in an appartment in Bicol where we had to pump water outside everyday just to shower. We put a sock over the pump to filter all the sand out. And we had to empty the sock everday too. I am bathing like a king!



The house is surrounded by a wall so I can't really take a very good picture of what it looks like. The jeeps and tricycles drive by all day and usually wake me up, but I am finally getting used to the noise. Now I can stay awake at work without nodding off every 30 minutes.


If having Benjie around wasn't enough, I also have my own Mama Maria in the backyard. She is always watching over me.





Henry is Benjie's nephew. He is here all the time. I'm planning on buying him a basketball maybe later today so he isn't so bored at the house. He opens the gate for me when I come and turns on the electric fan for me while I eat. He calls me Kuya-big brother. The family is so cool.






The dogs keep to themselves. I have a picture of Ogie..Benjie might have to correct me on the spelling. He has another dog named Whiting, and a cat. He names his pets after missionaries. Elder Whiting is probably pissed cause Whiting the dog is one ugly sucker. She has bald spots and dread locks...



No comments: